Roundtable discussions happen over breakfast or lunch with one of our speakers, notable designers, AIGA Medalists or board members, offering a great opportunity to have one-on-one conversations with one of your design heroes and to meet other attendees with similar interests. Roundtables are a great way to enhance your conference experience, and they’re available to attendees at no charge.
Friday, October 14, 7:45–8:45 a.m.
- Jennifer Daniel, graphics director, Bloomberg Businessweek (SOLD OUT)
- Liz Danzico, chair, MFA in Interaction Design, School of Visual Arts (SOLD OUT)
- Sarah Drummond, service designer, Snook (SOLD OUT)
- Ric Grefé, executive director, AIGA (SOLD OUT)
- Allan Haley, director of words and letters, Monotype Imaging (SOLD OUT)
- Andy Epstein, cofounder, InSource (SOLD OUT)
- Dawn Hancock, owner and managing director, Firebelly Design (SOLD OUT)
- Derek Howard, industrial concept designer, Disney (SOLD OUT)
- Jon Kolko, director and founder, Austin Center for Design (SOLD OUT)
- Ellen Lupton, curator of contemporary design, Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum (SOLD OUT)
- Paul Nini, Cumulus, International Associate of Colleges of Art, Design and Media (SOLD OUT)
- Brian Nemhauser, director of product management, Adobe (SOLD OUT)
- Mig Reyes, graphic designer, threadless and migreyes.com (SOLD OUT)
Saturday, October 15, 7:45–8:45 a.m.
- Julie Beeler, cofounder, Second Story (SOLD OUT)
- Allan Chochinov, partner and editor-in-chief, Core77 (SOLD OUT)
- Maria Giudice, CEO and founder, Hot Studio (SOLD OUT)
- Doug Powell, designer, entrepreneur and business strategist, and cofounder, Schwartz Powell Design (SOLD OUT)
- Yolanda "Yo" Santosa, creative director, Ferroconcrete (SOLD OUT)
- Alissa Walker, writer, Gelatobaby (SOLD OUT)
Saturday, October 15, 1:00–2:00 p.m.
- Michael Bierut, partner, Pentagram (SOLD OUT)
- Debbie Millman, managing partner and president, design division, Sterling Brands (SOLD OUT)
- Shel Perkins, management advisor, Shel Perkins & Associates (SOLD OUT)
- Holly Willis and Ruki Ravikumar, AIGA Design Research Journal (SOLD OUT)
- Sandy Speicher, lead, IDEO's Design for Learning domain (SOLD OUT)
- DJ Stout, partner, Pentagram (SOLD OUT)
To keep the conversation groups intimate, each roundtable is limited to 10 participants. Pre-registration is required, and you may only sign up for one roundtable over the course of the conference. Waiting lists are available for sold-out sessions.